Information, Advice & Advocacy
The Disability Resource Centre provides an accurate and up-to-date disability information service for disabled people, their support networks, organisations and individuals in Birmingham, Solihull and the wider West Midlands.
Our friendly and knowledgeable team can:
- Provide you with information, advice and guidance on issues such as housing, equipment, personal assistance, transport, access issues, health & wellbeing, finance & debt management, social & leisure activities, education & learning, employment, volunteering & welfare entitlements
- Provide advocacy in times of personal crisis, as well as guide and support individuals to access relevant health and social care services
- Provide details on the latest legistlation and policy relating to disability rights
- Be actively involved in disability-related campaigns and lobbying on behalf of service users.
- Obtain the views of service users and disabled people and carers specifically on disability related issues.
- Collate, monitor and maintain organisational and Midlands-based intelligence on disabled people, those with limiting long-term health conditions and people in receipt of services and benefits.
- Our staff team is also able to provide confidential one-to-one sessions and home visits upon request.
To contact this service please call 03030 402040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What people say
“They treat you proper – like you’re not in a wheelchair. Even at my interview I was given every option and allowed all the time I needed to make up my own mind”.
“The meeting was great. I was made to feel very special and that I was important. I was given all the information I needed and given time to make up my own mind.”