New job opportunity at DRC - Casual Support Worker with Help At Home
Casual Support Worker
Help at Home Service – Birmingham
£7.80 an hour plus mileage allowance
Apply with CV and Covering Letter
The Disability Resource Centre (DRC) is one of the leading disability organisations operating in Birmingham, Solihull and the wider West Midlands. We deliver a range of products and services to disabled people, those with long term health conditions, their families and carers.
Our Help at Home Service provides practical and affordable solutions to help make life easier. We provide domestic support, shopping, light meal preparation, befriending and sitting services to any one who might need them within their own home. However, we do specialise in supporting older people, disabled people and those with long term health conditions. There is no personal care given within this role.
Our services are available Monday to Saturday 8am to 7pm and we are particularly wanting to recruit individuals who live in the following post codes: B7, B13, B14, B25, B27, B28, B30, B31, B91, B92 and are able to travel within a 6 mile radius of these postcodes if needed.
We are to recruit people who have:
- a friendly and caring approach with a genuine desire to help others
- experience of supporting older people, disabled people and those with long term health conditions .
- a professional, reliable and flexible attitude
- the ability to work on your own initiative
- patience and a sense of humour!
In return we will reward you with:
- 25 days holiday, plus 12 concessionary days
- free training
- regular support and supervision
- contribution towards company pension scheme
CV’s are accepted with a covering letter stating how you think you meet the requirements of the job.
Job type: Casual – Zero Hours Contract
Salary: £7.80/hour plus mileage allowance of 35p per mile
- Full Driving license and access to own vehicle
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care