Here at the DRC, every donation makes a difference. Whether you raise pennies, pounds or hundreds of pounds; you will help us continue to our life changing work.
Fundraising is a great way of meeting new people, developing your skills and doing something you’re really proud of. There’s no end to what you can do – here are just a few ideas.
- Host a coffee morning. Invite your friends round for a coffee, a natter and a slice of cake. Give everyone plenty of notice so they can put the date in their diaries and let them know you’ll be fundraising for the DRC. Bake a few cakes and ask attendees to pop a donation into a collecting tin – they can give as much or as little as they like. You can always raise extra money on the day by running a small raffle or doing a ‘guess the weight of the cake’ competition.
- Save your pennies. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ll send you one of our new collecting tins, and we want you to fill it with your change! Ask everyone in your family to look through their purses every week and empty their 5p’s into the collecting tin – they’ll soon mount up. Of course, you can always put other coins in there too – we hear collecting tins make very good swear boxes!
- Get sponsored. Fundraise for DRC and achieve something you’ve always wanted to do. Whether you dare to do a parachute jump, take part in a running event or simply give up an annoying habit – ask us for a sponsorship pack and we’ll help you raise lots of money at the same time.
Out and about
- Dress down for DRC. Whether it be at work or at school, everyone loves a dress down day, and it’s a great way to raise money if everyone pays a pound for the privilege.
- Organise a collection. Get together a group of friends and family and spend a couple of hours collecting for the DRC. Approach your local supermarket well in advance to ask if they would mind you collecting in their store for a couple of hours on a busy day. Many get booked up in advance (especially around Christmas) so don’t leave it till last minute. We’ll send you all the materials you need – it’s amazing how generous people can be.
- Organise a cake sale. You can do this at school, at work or in your community – just ask for permission from the building owner and get baking! After all, who doesn’t love cake?!
For more information, or to order collecting tins, please contact Steven Moralee on 0303 040 2040.