You are hereHome › Accessibility statement
There are a number of features on this web site to assist visitors access our content.
Text resizing buttons
A the top of each page we have provided buttons that enable website visitors to increase the font size used on this website. Click or tab onto the buttons to make text bigger or smaller.
By visiting our Acessibility options page you can opt to view this site using a high contrast alternative (black background and yellow text)
For the benefit of users with assistive devices content is always presented before web site navigation links. We provide a 'skip to navigation' link enabling users to go straight to the list of navigation links if they wish to.
We followed a list of accessibility guidelines when putting together this website and it's content. This includes:
- Maintain a standard layout and navigation system throughout;
- Use headings, paragraphs, lists and other HTML(HyperText Markup Language) to create a logical document structure;
- Allow visitors to resize all text;
- Use plain backgrounds to improve the readability of text;
- Use foreground and background colour combinations which have sufficient contrast and are not known to cause problems for sufferers of colour-blindness;
- Use alt attributes on all images and ensure that all alt, and title attributes are meaningful;
- Design layouts to work satisfactorily at a range of screen resolutions;
- Design the layout so that non mouse users are easily able to navigate the website;
- Ensure all hyperlinks use descriptive and meaningful text, avoiding short-hand language like 'Click here';
We are always trying to improve this website.
If you have any comments on our accessiblity policy, or suggestions for how to improve the site please contact us using the details below.
Disability Resource Centre
Floor 11, Edgbaston House
3 Duchess Place
Telephone: 0121 789 7365
Minicom: 0121 248 4522
Fax: 0121 248 4521